Sunday, February 24, 2008

Journal #6 Earthquake

At midnight in 1999, here came the biggest earthquake without precedent history in Taiwan. When I was a high school student who lived in the student dormitory, as usual, nothing special except studying as a diligent student, did my homework, and talked with my roommates with laughing and complaining all about daily life at school. Before time to sleep, I always took a shower, and did laundry for myself in the rest room that you could imagine hearing lots of noisy and busy sounds throughout rest room. We always had a reunion every night to meet manager who was responsible for schoolgirl. She always made a long speech talking about what the next needed to do, and what should we adjust our bad behavior that never done any more. We stood for a long time that my soul had been out of this speech, not paid attention to the speaker. Sometimes, I always thought of tests and homework for tomorrow I did not complete it that I was thinking in the same time why they set this reunion every night and it wasted me too much time. I was always lazy walking to my room after boring meeting. I thought of too fatigue, just felt some one was violent shaking my bed with noisy murmurs when I was sleeping. Until the next day, all the school was off, and I figured out what had happened at midnight. All of people were talking and staring at TV which reported calamities anywhere, especially the middle of Taiwan because of epicenter. All of a sudden, I immediately went back to my room finding my cell phone, tried to contact with my boyfriend who lived in the worst situation. In fact, I could not sleep well these days until I got his message of safety, seeing so many disasters spreading Taiwan and people died when they slept with unconsciousness. In the end, I thought this deep sorrow always in our mind never disappeared, especially people who lost their families.

No comments: